PERSONAL PROPERTY ID SYSTEM (PPINS)
Revised Statutes of Missouri, Chapter 57.408 states: Sheriff To Establish Personal Property Identification System: Sheriffs in all counties, except counties having a charter form of government, or in any city not within a county, shall establish and make available an identification system for the identification of personal property. Anyone, upon application to a sheriff, shall be assigned an identification number to be composed of at least ten characters which will readily permit law enforcement officials of this state, in cooperation with officials in other states using interstate computerized law enforcement communication systems and other methods, to recover stolen property.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PERSONAL PROPERTY IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM: To participate in the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office PPINS system, please complete the PPINS Application. After completing the form you will need to:
- Digitally sign your application,
- Supply a copy of your driver’s license.
- Photo of the item with your application.
- You may Email the form to email@example.com , Mail to: 211 E. 3rd St. Suite 209, Montgomery City, Mo. 63361, or hand deliver.
- We will advise you of your unique Identification Number and the Sheriff’s Office will keep your information on file.