SHERIFF MATTHEW J. SCHOO
Chief Deputy Major Craig Allison
211 East Third Street Ste. 209
Montgomery City, Mo. 63361
Business office Phone 573-564-8084 Fax 573-564-8083
Communications 573-564-3378 for Emergency Dial 911
Business Office Hours Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Excluding Legal Holidays
|Jail Division||Court Services|
Concealed Carry Permits
Monday – Friday 8:00 to 3:30p.m. Excluding Legal Holidays
Citizens of Montgomery County who are at least 19 years of age or 18 and a member of the Armed Forces may apply at the Sheriff’s Office for a permit to carry a concealed weapon, between the hours of 8:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday (except holidays).
New CCW Procedures:
The State of Missouri enacted its current concealed carry laws as they relate to firearms. Chapter 571 (Weapons Offenses) subsections 571.101 through 571.121 are the state statutes that deal directly with concealed carry.
New CCW Permit:
- You need to bring a completed and signed CCW Application.
- Your Certificate of Training.
- Your current Missouri Drivers License or Non-Driver ID showing a current Montgomery County address. If your drivers license or non-driver ID does not show a current Montogmery County Address, you must bring proof of residency (i.e., voter registration card, property tax receipt or utility bill) before we can process the application.
- Cash, check, money order, or cashier’s check in the amount of $100.00 for MSHP CRID (Fingerprints) $28.75, Montogmery County Sheriffs Office $71.25
- The application and fingerprinting process could take 15 – 30 minutes.
- You need to bring your old CCW to show.
- Your current Missouri Driver’s License or Non Driver ID to show.
- A cash, check or money order for $50.00 made out to Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office.
- If your CCW has expired within 6 months there is an additional $10 late fee for each month you are late up to 6 months.
- Note: If the permit is more than 6 months past due, it is no longer eligible for renewal. A new CCW must be applied for. This includes all fees for the new CCW.
Replacement for Lost or Destroyed CCW Permits:
- You need to bring your current Missouri Driver’s License or Non Driver ID to show.
- A signed statement that their card was lost or stolen.
- A cash, check or money order in the amount of $10.00.
CCW Name or Address Change:
- You need to bring your current Missouri Driver’s License or Non Driver ID showing their current Montgomery County Address.
- A legal document showing the name change. (i.e., marriage license)
- A cash, check, or money order in the amount of $10.00. Note that all fees are non refundable.